Sunday, March 27, 2011

Well, here we go...

We leave for the Newark airport in about two hours.  I find that the concrete is much easier to deal with than the abstract any day.  Today I know what we need to do - drive to the airport, navigate security, and pass the time until the plane boards.  Today is one of the easier days. I don't need to think about the "what ifs" today. Today we just go with the flow. 

It seems inconceivable that the trip is actually upon us after two years of talking about it, and yet at the same time it feels perfectly natural.  We have traveled overseas before, in fact this is the third time in 14 months, so the drill is familiar.  The only difference is the duration.  I know that tomorrow I will be tired and disorientated, but I will be with old friends who will make the transition easier.

I am so glad that we decided to start by visiting friends for a week.  I know that we will have support this first week abroad and that we can work through the time change without having to navigate strange hotels and a strange language all at once.

Here we go .......

No comments:

Post a Comment